AMCA uses the latest 3D Modelling Software available to produce all of our structural steel detailing and fabrication drawings, which currently is Tekla and StruCAD.
These are versatile 3D modelling systems which allow us to create and detail all types of steel structures of any size or complexity, producing precise, high quality fabrication and erection drawings.
The AMCA Steel Detailing Service includes:
- General Arrangement Drawings
- Fabrication Drawings
- Connection Details
- Material and Bolt Lists
- Material Take-Offs
- Tonnage Estimations
- Transfer of CNC data
- Steel Erection Drawings (per phase or load)
AMCA’s Steel Detailing Service is provided to Steel Fabricators, Construction Companies, Consulting Engineers and Architects worldwide. AMCA have extensive experience, second to none, gained while working on a diverse range of projects across the world.
Each Steel Detailing Service project that is undertaken by AMCA is assigned a dedicated project manager who:
- Liaises with our clients to establish project requirements and schedules
- Co-ordinates the smooth transfer of information between the Design Team and AMCA Detailers and on to the Client
- Ensures all design changes that may arise are responded to effectively and efficiently
- Minimises impact on delivery schedules
- Ensures our clients expectations are exceeded
Building information modelling
AMCA’s Building Information Modelling (BIM) service provides our clients with an intelligent 3D model of their development.
Using 3D modelling and analysis techniques our team can quickly assess how the various construction elements will integrate on site, this helps to mitigate delays and additional costs during the construction process.
The 3D model can be used to generate sectional views to provide further information to the construction team for the duration of the onsite activities, and after the structure has been handed over to the end user.
AMCA can enter into the BIM process at any stage, whether that be at concept, planning or pre-construction stage. Working alongside the design team we can take the architectural, structural and mechanical design information and create working 3D model. This model provides a virtual replication of the as-built structure which can contain as much information as our client requires, right down the fit-out fixtures.
Data rich information can be gleaned from the 3D model such as:
- Bills of Quantities (BOQ)
- Detailed drawings and sections
- NC Files for electronic transfer of data for manufacture i.e. structural steel
- Programming and scheduling
- Clash detection between the various construction elements
- Resource Planning & Budget Management
At AMCA we have developed workflow processes to harness the information contained within the 3D model, enabling our clients to utilise this data in their own systems, such as automated fabrication procedures. This technology increases productivity not only at the design and detailing stage, but more importantly, on site through more efficient fabrication and construction processes and systems.
AMCA’s Consultancy Service is designed to ensure that clients realise the full potential from conceptual design to construction and operations by using our team’s expertise, capabilities and experience of modelling software on-site.
AMCA’s Consultancy Service is an effective way for clients to reduce costs in the pursuit of achieving their profit and productivity goals.
This helps companies by:
- Reducing non-billable/non-productive time
- Only paying for the time actually used
- Increasing or decreasing own resources as and when needed
- Understanding costs up-front by receiving fixed price quotations
- Saving on the addition of office space / furniture
- Saving on purchasing new hardware and software
AMCA has the resources and expertise needed by clients to meet all their requirements on schedule and within budget. Our clients have access to a team of professionals operating to the highest standards by utilising the latest innovative software.
Utilising the experience gained over the past ten years, AMCA can identify and highlight any technical issues that may arise at an early stage in the life cycle of the project, thereby reducing the impact on project schedules.